Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Ascension and Gem questions

Discussion in 'Gameplay Questions' started by Moreta Lynx, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Moreta Lynx

Moreta Lynx New Member

IGN:
    Moreta_Lynx
    Ok, I've done quite some digging and can't find the answers to these questions.

If I ascend my Evo 1 Astromon from a 3-star to a 4-star, then evolve them to evo 2 will it remain a 4-star or will it revert to its natural 3-star state? In other words do the upgrades I give my evo 1 carry over to my evo 2?

Also, will my healers heal better if I give them gems that better their recovery? Or does that only affect their own personal healing. Seems like it should, but I don't want to spend time and coins on something that won't help due to a quirk of the game.

2. Lostboy

Lostboy Moderator Solaria leader

To your first point, they will never de-ascend. Once a 4 star they will not revert to a 3 star.

Regarding healing. My understanding is that on healers like Dark jack where healing is based on his HP, no it would not boost. On ones like Hana it does. Tho I haven't finished building her so I'm not 100 % on that. Very easy to test tho. I may try it later to be sure.

Knowing which healer you are working on would help.

Toledxno likes this.
  3. Moreta Lynx

Moreta Lynx New Member

IGN:
    Moreta_Lynx
    Ah! I see, I didn't think the specific healer would make a difference. My healer is a water cupid. Thanks for the ascension info.

4. Lostboy

Looking at water Cupid, yes, higher recovery will result in higher healing. Just make sure he can take a few hits too. Don't want him dying before he can heal your squad.

5. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    Agree with @Lostboy if you choose to raise the recovery stat that is okay, but remember your Astromon needs to hold long enough in the battle to be able to heal the team and his own HP.

6. Moreta Lynx

Moreta Lynx New Member

IGN:
    Moreta_Lynx
    Great! thanks for the help! Where are you attaining your information anyways? I've been pouring over the wikkia but it's pretty mum on the mechanical side. I'd like to find out which of the recovery astromons are the best, but that's hard when I can't tell what stats an astromons abilities rely on. Is there a site with more of the technical info, or is it all extensive trial and error? Also thanks for all the help so far.

7. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    If you want to learn more about how good an astromon is you can check this Korean Tier List. 27 Oct. MSL Korean Tier List

If you have any other doubt about this game be sure to ask.

Spxwn and Moreta Lynx like this.
  8. Lostboy

A lot of this is from chats here and in game. I also haven't come across a guide, game is too new. Some people here know quite a bit and can help. To my knowledge a cura is considered to be a top healer along with water pers (of course) I haven't run into a lot of cupids except for the Ares in the tower. But to my understanding they are worth upgrading but maybe a notch under Cura.

Moreta Lynx likes this.
  9. Moreta Lynx

Moreta Lynx New Member

IGN:
    Moreta_Lynx
    Umm, possibly a dumb question... But why the scoring letters (+) ABCS? I know a lot of time S is used to indicate a grade above A+ in video games, but it seems a bit prolific in that table for that to be true. Of corse, the website is in Korean, so if it is explained there, I wouldn't know.

10. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    I think they rank them in this way to have a more specific list. Although is only my opinion of why they are ranked that way. Also some users have a theory they are ranked in a general way so there can be exceptions on some of the astromons.

11. Moreta Lynx

Moreta Lynx New Member

IGN:
    Moreta_Lynx
    but I still don't know what S stands for, any ideas? Is a higher than +A, or does it mean something else?

12. Lostboy

ranked in order of s being best and c being meh..... though there is a lot of disagreement about how accurate the list is. Personally I follow it and tend to agree with it. Sometimes you'll see an S+ or an S- in different lists but s is considered the best

13. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    Yes "S" stand for an overpowered astromon, then "A" for a very good Mon, then "B" for a good Mon, and last "C" for a regular Mon. Obviously there's no "D" and any Mon that is not on that list is bad.

Spxwn likes this.