Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Best method for tackling difficult battles?

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by NinjaPenguin76, Sep 27, 2016.

1. NinjaPenguin76

NinjaPenguin76 New Member

IGN:
    Uggh
    IE; boss rooms or story areas that are giving your team more trouble due to level difference or type disadvantage. What is the best method everyone has come up with for clearing them at those points?

IIRC Kamui told me he has already cleared the stages on like extreme difficulty or something. Though I'm sure he has a much better team than me, I'm sure after a certain point the mobs will match your team and it comes down to beating them through strategy rather than pure numbers bulldozing through.

A personal example is the gold dungeons for me. At floor 7 or 8 I can't just leave auto battle on anymore, and I often have trouble deciding which targets are priority to focus. Pre boss room I focus down the type that threatens my team most. Say there's a fire chest and I have a wood attacker and healer so I want it dead first.
    In the Boss room though I have trouble deciding if I should focus on the boss or clear the side chests. These particular side chests seem tankier (though it may be perceptual since I'm dealing with boss damage so every turn is more impactful) so I wonder if it's worth killing them to lower the damage I take each turn, or just try to kill the boss as soon as I can and let the damage from my actives just kill them as the battle goes on.

Would like to hear how everyone has been approaching this and what the objective best way to do it is, if one has been determined.

2. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Of course there are matches I can't beat yet. I got a few tactics to beat the more difficult fights, depending on the enemies. Often I rely on my wood mona to basicly solo boss stages (she often can beat even fire bosses alone, thanks to a 20% hp recovery each round). However, this tactic takes rather long. Fights can take over 30 minutes this way.

As for general tactics during hard fights:

- The first fight is often the hardest. You don't have any ultimate skills yet, and you get full damage from 3 or 4 enemy astromons. I always try to finish one attack based astromon the first round and spread out my stuns (if I have any with me)
    - During bosses, I usually target the boss itself, unless the side astromons are attackers and the boss a tank. The boss usually barely has more hp than the side astromons. In addition, the side astromons help you regain SP after you use one of your ultimate skills.
    - I always determine which element is best to take with me. Usually, enemy teams consist of two elements. I.e. the enemy has wood and fire astromons. In this case, ideally you'll have a party of 4 fire astromons. I try to avoid a team with just a single water or a single wood astromon in this case, because it would die very fast (if you have, i.e. 2 water astromons, the damage of the enemy water astromons will be spread between your two water astromons)

3. NinjaPenguin76

NinjaPenguin76 New Member

IGN:
    Uggh
    Those are good tips, will be helpful once I have a bigger variety of mons to switch out. Right now my diversity is limited since my other options need to be leveled and such.

4. VizeL

VizeL Administrator Staff Member Lunaria leader

IGN:
    VizeLX
    I was also struggling and thought that farming better gems would help -- though it takes forever to farm those better gems. I haven't actually tried any different tactics, so maybe I should attempt some of what you said. I'll probably do that and report back but I'm always too lazy to manualyl fight :D If I can't auto it, I don't deserve to beat it!

5. 神威iKamuiX

神威iKamuiX Member

IGN:
    神威iKamuiX
    Bulldozing through maps with nat5* only works like a charm during the early stages of the game. U don't need a full nat5* to clear harder dungeons. Imo having a default 5* just helps u out early game to clear story faster and that's that.

Of cuz there are a few nat5* that are op and are definitely good to have in team.

That being said, using 3* mon ascending to 5* works pretty well too.

For me, I use a team that consists of 2 dps 1 atk down 1 healer.

U can bring other disabler as well, I just find decreasing atk synergize well with my current team.

When I said disabler, I don't mean stunner or petrification.

Boss doesn't get sleep/stun/petrified.
    Boss only gets sap/atk down/defense down etc.

My main dps are my dark Miho and water Valk

I use wood Mona as my tank as well, she have self sustain and her taunt is really good. (regardless of element, I always bring her)

Lastly, a healer. I'm using a water seiren for her 2 turn heals and my mona is basically a immortal punching bag.

U don't need a Valk as a dps. I mean it's good if u have a high dps, Imo I would use a sapper if I could. Believe me, I couldn't draw any good sapper for bosses.

Sap damg by 5% of max hp and some mons can stack up to 2 sap which really hurts boss that are tanky.
    (2 saps = 10% of max hp) meaning 10 saps on boss, he would definitely be dead.

Side tip that I always do during boss run, I always drop the hp of the left and right minions to the lowest possible before ganging on the boss. Why? Generating red orbs for heals. Which is why I always emphasize on high hit count mons that does more than 2-3hits per normal atk.

As u have played through the tutorial, u know that the red orbs are only generated after the mon died, which means u need to "overkill" it in order to gain more red orbs for heals.

I kept the 2 low hp minions there alive just incase my seiren couldn't heal enough and that's when I do the overkill method to boost my seiren heal from the red orbs.

U can use healer with shield though, like wood cupid / light seiren. But I don't know how the shield exactly works because whenever my shield is up and I get hit by sap. It apparently breaks my shield.

Which is why I stick to my water seiren.

I wouldn't bring a mono element team even if it has element advantage over the other. Like what I mentioned above, the team I mentioned above is usually the team I bring to golems, gold dungeon etc.

In all honest opinions, the red orbs tends to be underrated. I can't help but to emphasize how many times did the overkill method to generate orbs saves me.

Yes u are right, that wood Mona can solo fire dungeon, then what if u are on other maps which ur wood Mona is a bad element? U need a healer to support, whether the element is advantage over the other or not. Your team composition matters.

Due to the bad rng pulls here, u don't expect to make an ideal team for every possible elements.

What we always do wrong is focusing on too many monster at once. Which I did and that results to my seiren 5* came late. Luckily I had valks to bulldoze me through.

Imo just find a good mon with taunt, eg light Miho. Good healer, eg water seiren.

U are pretty much able to drag and win the game even if ur main dps is not doing too much. Sapper is always great since u r gonna drag out the game to win.

In dungeon, brute strength aka 1hitko or high damg mons isn't as effective anymore.

I wished my water Valk is a fire perse instead. Would have an easier time over the boss.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  6. OnlyAkilah

OnlyAkilah New Member

IGN:
    OnlyAkilah
    Hey Everyone! ^_^ Fairly New to the game and I was wondering... honestly im just trying to get the best monsters... but i want to know what would be the best teams and what monster i should get. I have a lvl 45 Wood Odin as my main and LVL 40 Water Monak(Maxed out) working on my Fire Arthur right now and hes lvl 38 . LVL 40 Maxed wood Banshee 2 maced out lvl 40 Suras one fire and one water and also working on my Wood Indra i just recently got at lvl 30 and my light lvl 40 succubus. I have plenty more little 4 stars i would love to name but im starting to get lazy typing :).
    Anywho. but the main thing is. i would like to know the best way to build them. im trying to be cool like everyone else is League and be able to learn how Auto Dungeons and stuff. i know it will take time I just want to know the best Methods and stuff you know? Best Gems for whoever. Healers as i far I know is Evo 3 Siren and my soon to come Venus when i can fuse her. So.. you know? just give me a beginners guide or so? or best ways? or how you started out and what not? lol hahah.
    Thanks...
    BTW IGN is OnlyAkilah also. Add if you would like. i dont mind.! I know we allwant the same thing gold and Astrogems! So dont hesitate to add!
    I also Have IOS... just in case there is some major differences or something.
    Thanks again! Bye now! :D

7. Lostboy

Lostboy Clan member Solaria

I'm not sure you meant to include this on to an old post, but without getting to far into it your path of least resistance will be to focus on getting your nat5s to level 50. Two reasons for this, a nat5 generally has superior abilitys and leveling them to 50 does not cost you any gold or stones. To level them up make a team of 3 maxed out mons and one that still needs leveling. Example 3 of your level 40 mons and then add fire Arthur to the group, then be sure to farm the hardest level you can accomplish that gives an exp bonus. While you do this put the best gem sets you can on your best mons, don't go overboard tho, you will replace these sets as you gain access to better gems. (No need to level gems past 6 or 9 just yet) lastly regarding your nat5's start using gleems to get them to evo2. Do not waste gleems on nat4 and below. You will get 2 free holy gleems a month by login and completing monthly quest. You can also get one gleem a week by playing arena battles and choosing a gleem as a reward for 150 tickets. Very easy to do. I would gleem fire Arthur first. Your team of strong nat5's now just needs a leader. Hopefully one of your nat4's is a variant. Aka leader..... This will give a skill to your whole team. Attack, hp, and def leaders are all good and easy to use. If you have a leader mon that is any good that should also be a focus.....
    So you could have a team that looks like this;
    Variant light succubus, fire Arthur, wood Odin and water siren. And something along those lines will do well for advancing. You will need to build speciality units at the game progresses.

OnlyAkilah likes this.
  8. OnlyAkilah

OnlyAkilah New Member

IGN:
    OnlyAkilah

okie dokie gotcha Sounds I guess for right now max out my Nat 5* like Art Indra and Odin and then put pretty gems on them that would be best for them like for ex: (my noob self i didnt know o dont judge!) When i got Odin I have her Gem of Ferocity set.. but they are all 1* gems at lvl 15. I did that gem set because it said she is an attacker so i figured a gem set with extra attk boost would be better for her. but i didnt know they had like 1*s and 4* gems and what not lol. So just basically do Gems set based on what they are good for?
    Another question what would you say is the Best like Defender or so? I know who i kinda will have as my attacker and healer but no Def or balanced if anything?

9. Lostboy

Lostboy Clan member Solaria

Well gem sets that give a percentage boost are preferred. Such as valor gives a 20% attack boost. And for an attacker you would do a set such as valor, att, crit % and hp... Once again you will improve them later so don't worry too much. Tho one star gems are really not the way to go here. Normally a team will be attacked based or def based, or even dps based (stun/sleep) if you mix attackers with defenders the attackers get killed off and the defenders can't hit hard enough to end the other team. Tho an attack team with a def or hp skill lead works quite well.

10. OnlyAkilah

OnlyAkilah New Member

IGN:
    OnlyAkilah
    Ahh gotcha. okie dokie im sure ill figure out meh team and how i can get it Thanksss I'll be back if i have any more questionss! :D You're the bomb.com!