Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Consistent Disconnecting from Server

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by やんでれ, Nov 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. やんでれ

やんでれ New Member

IGN:
    やんでれ
    This has only been a problem for about a week now (maybe 2), but I'll have my game running, and it will just randomly take forever to load something, and then it will fail to, and tell me to retry. Now, this is no big deal if I'm sitting there staring at my phone, but more often than not, I'm autoing something while not looking at my phone. Things that trigger this range from tapping someone's name in chat, to trying to upgrade a gem, to literally just in the middle of the round when I'm doing nothing that should require the game to contact the server.

I don't know what the problem is, but it's extremely annoying when I come back to my phone when I wake up after autoing to see a Variant Anubis sitting there, behind the "Connection failed, please retry" screen, and then behind that will be the "Failed to contact server" error that forces you to restart the game. I see the Anubis, and and then forced to restart the game while looking at my legendary mon.

I'm on iOS, iPhone 6s. I dunno if anyone else has these problems, but I promise it's not my internet. I live less than a minute from a cell tower, so full reception at all times, and I have 100/100 speed on my home internet as well, yet no matter if I'm connecting to 4G or wifi, I still have the exact same problem.

2. Lostboy

Lostboy Clan member Solaria

Well the fact that your using an iPhone 6 suggests that you have plenty of power to run the game. I run it on a 5 and occasionally the phone hiccups and boots me (like once every couple days or so) And since you have sound connection (my connection sucks and I don't have those issues) suggests something else is going on. I would first wipe the game from my phone and re-install. If no better you could contact the developer it I don't know what the response time is there. The only other thing I will say is that when I'm going places where my phone will switch from 4g to wifi or vice versa, I typically shut off the wifi on my phone. I do this because I've had issues getting booted if I hit a spot where the game wants to connect and the connection is in the process of switching over.

Anyone else have these issues?

3. やんでれ

やんでれ New Member

IGN:
    やんでれ
    I do the same thing as well, but the problem isn't when I'm mobile. I'll reinstall, and see if the issue gets resolved.

4. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    I encounter this problem as well sometimes, but usually I'm able to go on where I got disconnected if i simply press the retry button.

Anyway, the connection issues can be explained when you're using wifi. The connection between your router and your mobile phone can be unstable, even if it appears to have good connection. Some routers have some hiccups trying to connect through wifi, especially with apple devices for some reason (the apple laptop im using right now sometimes "disconnects" for a bit, even though it says it has perfect connection, and other devices on the same network still work just fine as well). Still, that doesn't explain why this problem persists when you use your 4G network.

If reinstalling doesn't work, can you try to see if you see any difference between 4G and wifi (if your network bundle allows it)? You might want to try 3G as well, just in case.