Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

General Tips

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by MageLord, Sep 10, 2016.

1. MageLord

MageLord Member

• When you're leveling, the XP is a set pool like 5,000, and its divided by the units that are eligible to receive XP, so if you use a max lvl unit, or a friends unit, your other ones will level faster!
    • On your airship, there are three spots that glisten, you can click on them 4 times per hour to get gold and other items!
    • You can sell gem if you go to the team page and then hit 'manage' in top right, good to sell 1* or 2* gem
    • Make sure to get your astrogems from the astroguide! Each time you get a new character you should be able to get some
    • Gold is very important in the game and the gold dungeon resets to lvl 1 every day and cost very little in terms of energy, so you should definitely make sure to do it everyday
    • When auto battling, you can click on a specific mob to focus
    • Not all mobs have the same gem slots, so you should check to make sure you have the right ones (or the ones you want)
    • Using a variant when awaking will make the evolved mob a variant - you only need to use on variant to guarantee it!
    • best way i have learned to farm gold is through gems. Don't waste gold capturing monsters if you are trying to farm gold (1 out of every 5-6 captured monsters will return 1-10k gold, i did the cost analysis over 24 hours and i ended up at around -12k). Sell ALL of your gems after the farming period (with the exception of your really good gems, i.e. useful 4* with 2 buffs).
    • The capture quests are really useful for getting gold as well. Plus, they help with other quests. Also, hold off on capturing until the last wave. Don't want to miss a rare/variant/legendary.

I'm sure I'll add more but this is a start!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Sajiel and Katnip like this.
  2. jenna

jenna New Member

Any tips for making gold?

3. MageLord

MageLord Member

If anyone has any I can certainly add them!

4. VizeL

VizeL Administrator Staff Member Lunaria leader

IGN:
    VizeLX
    Awesome! thanks for starting this off

5. va720

va720 New Member

you can sell gem if you go to the team page and then hit 'manage' in top right, good to sell 1* or 2* gem

6. MageLord

MageLord Member

Thanks, I've added that!

7. va720

va720 New Member

gold is very important in the game and the gold dungeon resets to lvl 1 every day and cost very little in terms of energy, so you should def make sure to do it everyday

8. honda_fan

honda_fan New Member

when ur auto battling u can click a mob to focus if theres a specific 1 u wanna kill

9. hyun_so

hyun_so New Member

not all mob have same gems slot, check mob to see, maybe u lucky

10. MageLord

MageLord Member

Thanks, I've updated my list with these!

11. Katnip

Katnip New Member

IGN:
    Katnip
    Im usually on channel 3 through out the day. If you have any questions in game u can pop by (I may be there if not Zousuke might be). And a gold tip is to play either the gold dungeon, complete missions/challenges, and the labeled levels (labeled includes fruit, gold, and exp). Hope you have fun and good luck! And nice job with the thread Mage!

12. Bot587

Bot587 Member

IGN:
    Bot587
    best way i have learned to farm gold is through gems. Don't waste gold capturing monsters if you are trying to farm gold (1 out of every 5-6 captured monsters will return 1-10k gold, i did the cost analysis over 24 hours and i ended up at around -12k). Sell ALL of your gems after the farming period (with the exception of your really good gems, i.e. useful 4* with 2 buffs).

13. Childish

Childish Member

IGN:
    Kury
    The capture quests are really useful for getting gold as well. Plus, they help with other quests. Also, hold off on capturing until the last wave. Don't want to miss a rare/variant/legendary.

14. AzureStar

AzureStar New Member

IGN:
    AzureStar
    Is there any difference with evolving first of ascending first?

15. VizeL

VizeL Administrator Staff Member Lunaria leader

IGN:
    VizeLX
    No difference that I'm aware of.

16. AzureStar

AzureStar New Member

IGN:
    AzureStar
    Okaay, thank you c:

17. MageLord

MageLord Member

I've added a couple of your tips too, I'll be reorganizing and crediting the original authors soon!

18. NinjaPenguin76

NinjaPenguin76 New Member

IGN:
    Uggh
    If you're not already doing it, be sure to learn your team's attack timings so you can chain combos. Chaining combos deals more total damage and produces more red and blue orbs. With that in mind, if you're on a stage in which the mobs before the boss room are hurting your team too much, don't try to save your damage actives for the boss fight. If you chain all of your AOE actives, you'll get enough blue orbs to likely use one or two, if not all of them again the very next turn. Doing this on a group of low mobs can net enough red orbs to heal your party full for the boss room. In fact, you probably want to just do this anyway to make sure your team doesn't get whittled down before the boss. Ult's are much more useful against hordes anyway; your team's damage will be relatively the same, if not higher, when focusing one target.

I've used this to beat stages where the boss and mobs were 5-7 levels over my mons. Granted, I have a healer so it works even better, but if you have no healer then there's even more of a reason to do this. I haven't sat down with an excel spreadsheet or anything extensive to confirm this, but from observation and also experience with Brave Frontier in the past, in which this was a core gameplay mechanic, it definitely appears to be present and makes perfect sense as a game function anyway.

I feel like this is critical for anyone new to this style of game, since the game doesn't cover it.

Also, don't release your unused 3*'s, at least not until later. There are some big rewards but low chances to get them and ultimately it's not really worth early on. Throw them into the rebirth and stock up on Miho's so you can evolve her, as its the easiest way to evolve her. You can also get a 4* Miho from rebirth. On that note, the best way to evolve mons that are water, fire, or wood, is to farm up 150 League Points for a gleem from the Astromon league. Use these for mons that are hard to come by copies of, especially if you have a summoned 5*. Even if you don't care about your league rank, you can get 3 points per win no matter how strong the opponent is. You can get one gleem per week this way.

Sorry lol, this isn't gonna fit in a bullet point ^^'

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    asurahs likes this.