Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Good pvp teams?

Discussion in 'Team Advice' started by shogungari, Dec 12, 2016.

1. shogungari

shogungari New Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I need help with making good pvp teams, offense and defense. I'm sick and tired of being defeated by attackers yet at the same time can't defeat a defending team. I'm over level 40 now, I should always be winning! I never pulled a water Persephone and don't have a variant Gratias, my best units are light nike, dark muscateer, light jack-o-lyn, water sura, wood raven, and fire grand valkyrie. What can you recommend for a good defense team and what do you recommend to make my offense team better?

2. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Hey there,

For starters, you need a good variant as leader. I understand your nike, muscateer and jack-o-lyn are variants. Nike got a great variant skill, the other two are pretty bad (muscateer is good, but only works in tower of chaos).

The most commen mistake made in pvp is to mix attack and defender/tank astromons. The attackers will die in no time, and you're stuck with a smaller team than the opponent. So either go for a full attack team, or full tank/defender (balanced type astromons can be put in either team, if gemmed accordangly). So you can go either attack or defense. The attack team would be dark muscateer, light jack-o-lyn, wood raven and fire grand valkyrie. As defense team you could go gratias, nike and sura.

Now you have two problems, first is the leader. Your only valid leader for pvp is nike, but that's a defender. So you should either get more defenders/tanks to make a full defense team, or get a relevant variant of an attacker astromon (fire leo is a possibility). Note that attack based teams perform better while attacking than defending (because you can focus properly). The second problem is your defensive team. Simply put, you'll need 5 astromons for that, and you only got 4 attackers that work well together or 3 tanks that work well together.

Keep in mind that evo 3 nat 4*'s are basicly stronger than evo 2 nat 5*'s.

Another thing to consider is gems. If you go for an attack team, do not go full attack gems. It makes your team plainly weaker (long explanation). Put a maximum of 2 attack gems (or 1 gem on a valor set) on each astromon. Also, do not focus the remaining gems only on defense or only on hp, but mix them. Also, only use critical % gems on dark astromons (and fire leo), because other astromons only deal 50% bonus damage on critical hits.

The same counts for a defensive team: mix your gems. Even if you go full defensive, mix the hp and defense gems (and put in a resist gem if you want). The exception is nike, that gains both defense and attack from def gems.

3. shogungari

shogungari New Member

I definitely want a full defense team for defend pvp. Current defense team is light nike for leader, fire g. Valk, water sura, and dark kraken, with the hidden being light jack. I'll switch raven out for Gratias but what's a good secret to have? Light nike has hp/def/def protection gems (I think that's what they're called. +20% defense for the set), fire valk has a mix of attack/hp/crit on valor gems, dark kraken has the same setup as light nike, and water sura is currently using the +20% crit rate with crit/crit/hp in order to get that 100%. Light Jack is crit/crit/attack on valor. I'm working towards switching jack over to ruin gems and sura over to HP gems, it's just a matter of farming for them.

I'll switch fire valk out for gratias, but what would you recommend as my secret?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  4. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Overall good gemming. Sura is gemmed crit, which makes him squishy. There's a good chance the first turn the enemy will kill one of your astromons (otherwise second turn). That will be sura... if he's in the main team, as a fairly squishy but scary stunner. So it's best to put sura as secret. For the time being, you can have both fire valk and gratias in the main team. Eventually, it would be best to swap fire valk out with another tank/defender, depending on what you have and want (I would prefer an astromon with stun, def down or attack down as first passive. Def down has as advantage that it makes your team focus on the enemy with lowered defense, thanks to the auto mechanics)

A few changes towards the gemming would be cutting fire valks crit gem. You might want to swap it with hp or def (to make up for being balanced, instead of tank/defender). Dark kraken at the other hand could use a crit gem, because of his 100% crit damage (if he has a square slot).

5. shogungari

shogungari New Member

I don't remember if Kraken has a square slot, but since I have a second one in the making (just need to pull more seastars) chances are they have a square slot between the two of them. I forget the name currently, but the wood healer with attack down for 3* and a shield for 5*, would she be worth adding to the defense team?