Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

How hard is it to get Jack ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by octocasu, Oct 21, 2016.

1. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Member

IGN:
    CFJack
  2. Bindono

Bindono New Member

IGN:
    Bindono
    I finished my evo 3 Jack 3 days after the event started. It's literally all RNG and how much energy you're willing to spend on the grind. Sometimes Ill go through 60 runs without a jack, sometimes 2 will pop up within the same 20 auto battle session.
    BTW I farmed phantom forest on Extreme with the max cap rate upgrade (+20%). Doesn't matter where you farm, just increase the cap rate to ensure that when you do find a jack that you're able to capture it.

3. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    No boss stages yet tried, still I think there might be a logical flag which stops encounters in same stage as met one already. But guess this is just a feeling of dissapointment in the luck of RNG.

4. Tenacity

Tenacity New Member

I'm currently running Seabed Caves 4 on hard mode. I've tried extreme, normal and hard. So far hard mode has provided me the best results.

In my opinion, difficulty does not seem to matter in terms of finding jacks. It's literally all about finding an area you can grind nonstop and through repetition, you'll eventually get your jacks. I just pick a hard stage where certain runes drop that I need - and just keep running 20X until I am done getting the runes I need. In the process, I end up seeing 3-4 jacks each day, catching 2-3 of those sightings. Got 10 light jacks on two different devices with this approach.

Your mileage may vary but that's how I'm doing it.

5. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I was grinding sancturay most of the time and got overall 12 Cosmos (rare) in the process of obtaining 2 (dark) Jackos (super rare), with meeting one Jacko which I could not catch. I also encountered 1 Mona, 2 Cocomarus and even one legendary Anu when I was trying my luck at different stages. Comparing the encounter rates I would say that by 3/15 the Jackos (as super rare) are around 5 times less (or worse) likely to encounter as the rare types.

Update: encountered another 2 rare without seeing the pumpkin again. But finally found my variant cosmo. For that it took me 15 catches of normal rares before this happens. Are variant rares more rare as super rares?

Final update: one more rare and the Jack showed up again. So it is around 4/18 concluding the ratio remains the rough trend of 5 vs Jacko I would say (but could be also 4 times worse probability compared of finding a rare). Opinions?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  6. SiapaYah

SiapaYah Member

IGN:
    Chasun
    only caught 5 right now... :3
    need more to evo.3 >.<

7. Sef

Sef New Member

IGN:
    Rufia
    Spent almost 3000 energy on this day alone.

I recover up to 80 energy before taking a nap.
    Woke up and saw dark Jack but then had the message to reconnect, and then crashed.

My anger and disappointment is so great.
    I feel like I should have spent all this energy and gems for golem and natural 5* eggs =.=

8. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I updated my previous comment concluding, please see above, concluding to find Jacko is 4 to 5 times more difficult as finding a rare. Any comments?

9. neorics

neorics Member

IGN:
    Neorics
    I don't think it's the same for everyone... I mean, the RNG is so wide range where people actually havent seen a dark jack till today and some completed evo3 in the first week

I say just keep trying or give up already

personally I only need 4 jacks for an evo3 d.jack and i think i will be able to get them before the event ends

10. Tridico

Tridico New Member

What are jacks skill set? Are they that good to people spend a lot of energy tryng to catch?
    I started this game last sunday, at level 26 at moment and did not saw any hallowen monster so far...

11. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Tridico, sorry to say but that event is over by now. Now we are hunting the fencing cat instead...

Tridico likes this.