Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

HP or Defense

Discussion in 'Gameplay Questions' started by JegueWar, Oct 26, 2016.

1. JegueWar

JegueWar New Member

IGN:
    Monster Super League
    What's the better option?

2. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    It really depends on the class of the Astromon, but in general i think both are important because without HP is really easy to get K.O, but without Def any hit can lower easily your HP.

3. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Member

IGN:
    CFJack
    It sometimes depends on the astromon. For instance, a defense aggressor would benefit more from defense, while an HP aggressor would benefit more from HP. Similarly, tank types tend to benefit more from HP and defender types benefit more from defense (but this second example is not as significant a difference).

For all other cases, defense generally scales better than HP. They're also easier to manage; it's much easier to heal up a high def astromon to full HP, whereas a a high HP mon would gradually lose more and more HP since the healer probably won't be able to heal up the massive amounts of health they lose when they take hits. On the flip side, high defense astromons are much more affected by def down debuffs, so be wary of that.

If possible, I prefer to have both HP and Def, but if I had to choose, I would probably go with defense.

Toledxno likes this.
  4. neorics

neorics Member

IGN:
    Neorics
    this ^

to summarize:

HP aggressor: HP HP HP/Crit
    Def aggressor: DEF DEF DEF/Crit
    Others: HP DEF DEF

but those are for early and late game gems, in mid game you might need to throw in a resist gem in there depending on where you are fighting

5. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Working on a post regarding gem choices, but didn't finish it yet.... but it contains the following passage:

So as has been said before, if your astromon has the aggression skill, go for the stat that also boosts that astromons damage. If not, it is best to spread out your gems between hp and def, regardless of whether your astromon is a tank or a defender.

Lostboy likes this.