Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Hunter

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Elric, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I catched first the fire element hunter and was disappointed mainly due to low survivability. Have tried several different gem types without improvemt until finally I noticed that gem of tenancy is fixing this with boosting HP plus recovery. After that this character does a acceptable job (but need to be on par for level against opponents).

2. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Today I worked on the wood hunter and found that due to better survivability (defense stats) the unit survives easier as the fire element hunter. However the punch is lower and when get hit multiple also the unit goes down soon. Need a similar boost in terms of gems like the fire type,

3. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I experimented with the survivability and noticed something about the AI of the opponent. I teamed up the fire hunter with the fire Anu. After upgrading and adjusting the gems I noticed that suddenly Anu got more hits as the fire hunter earlier. It looked like the opponents target probability pointer was suddenly choosing Anu with higher preference. I looked into the stats what could have changed and discovered something. From the moment on Anu was targetted instead of weaker levelled fire hunter the recovery stat of Anu was lower as from hunter. I continued the experiment by removing the relevant gem boosting the recovery and it appeared hunter was selected again with higher preference to be the target. Other units had that time a higher recovery value as the fire hunter. I continued the experimenting with the wood hunter and found similar trend. This could be a general setting of target choice logic to assign primary target probability by the programmed AI of the game.

4. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    Have you tried already the Water Hunter?

5. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Not yet, waiting for the moment I will get. Looking really forwards to it. I am very interested in the self heal depending on damage (active siphon). I assume a more strong unit but the Korean tier assessment rank the unit in almost equivalent value.

27 Oct. MSL Korean Tier List

6. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    BTW i don't know if i told you but they are ranked different for Dungeons/PvP/Dragon. Look at the top and you will see the options.

7. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Thanks, yes I know. With my observations I focussed only on dungeons. When I experiment I always use the same set of characters and replace one to verdict this unit. For this I run: fire Anu, fire Jeanne, wood Mona & unit X. I choose sanctuary (gold bonus) level to compare and run automode a few times.

8. Toledxno

Toledxno New Member

IGN:
    ToIedxno
    It's an excellent stage to test.

9. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Yes, for normal (not light/dark) element types as by all illuminated components no buff effect influencing the result.

10. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Players in the ingame chat stated now that even with the promising normal attack siphon the water hunters is the worst. They say: water < wood < fire < dark < light.
    Reasons did not became clear, but I interprete the discussion that the water hunters siphon need a very strong attack to be effective and by boosting this you loose opportunity to boost other areas for important survivability. Seems the water hunter is not strong enough to survive attacks. Still I like yo experiment but did not get one yet and also not much eager to focus on it due to a felt dislike of limited single target units.

11. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I triggered a discussion on the ingame chat again and received mutual statements that (A) wood hunter is a gamble and better used in dungeons only, (B) water hunter is not good in damage nor surviving due to ineffective self heal and (C) fire hunter is excluding dark/light the best hunter to go for (some people feel due to high damage the recovery is more effective as the water type self heal, at least that is what I understood by their comment).
    Just like to share this as update here and hope we from our community will be able to conclude our final opinion one day.

PS: I am actually discouraged a bit to rebirth more, as the light hunter is tempting, but lot effort to evolve. Even I have three normal units and I could gleem up, but the Korean tier list still with all hype around the light type verdicts the best hunter only with still B rank

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  12. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Just to share some more facts, I got a light hunter (attacker) and his base stats at level 30 are alreade almost equivalent with fire hunter level 40. I expect a much stronger unit overall compared.

13. Lostboy

Lostboy Clan member Solaria

Can't seem to rebirth a light or dark. Already have a wood van helsing and a bunch of hunters but never light or dark :(

14. Trigonia

Trigonia Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    Trigonia
    Light Hunter seems pretty decent but I would prefer to save up my 3* for the next rebirth monster.

15. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I think I was very lucky as I did rebirth only 2 times. One time fire which I had before and next one was directly the light element. I am tempted to do it one more time, but also wonder what the next unit next month could be...

16. Lostboy

Lostboy Clan member Solaria

I do run into a lot of light hunters in pvp, after getting shocked for two turns a couple of times I've learned to take them out right after any healers like wood boltwing or water pers. could be effective to ramp up hid def really high and just crowd control with him.