Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Insufficient Space Error in 10/27/16 Update

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JackOLantern, Oct 27, 2016.

1. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Member

IGN:
    CFJack
    I'm asking this for a friend of mine who just got this issue. After the recent maintenance, he keeps getting the insufficient space error while trying to update the game. Here's the facts with his problem:

-His MSL was originally on his SD card with 1gb of free space left
    -He tried moving his MSL to his phone's internal storage that has 2.6gb free space left
    -He has tried restarting his phone
    -He has tried uninstalling/reinstalling MSL
    -He is on Android
    -He does not want to play on an emulator

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? I really want him to keep playing the game... :(

2. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    I have the same problem on iphone everytime installing the updates, this time not tried yet but guess it will happen again. It appears to me that we need around 150 MB more space as the size of the application, perhaps a temporary space for unpacking. With phones with very full memory (like mine always) I guess this makes trouble and I could fix it so far by deleting some stuff and optimizing my cache.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    JackOLantern likes this.
  3. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Well, space shouldn't be the issue in this case. 2.6gb, or even 1 gb, is way more free space than I ever have on my phone, and I don't have any update issues. Still, sometimes android phones mess up the available space, making it not so available to you as you want it to be.

Actually, when I had an android myself, I encountered this problem once. The problem was that that the phone tried to install the update to the wrong place. Unfortunately, I forgot how I fixed the problem. It is a good start to, as Elric suggested, clear the cache. This is sometimes a cause of trouble. I also found a solution that worked for others:

(source: Insufficient Storage Available Error on Android - Quick Fix)

Please let us know if you managed to fix this.

Toledxno and JackOLantern like this.
  4. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Member

IGN:
    CFJack
    Thanks for the replies guys! I'll forward this to him see if it helps fix the problem. I should add that the insufficient storage space error is coming from his MSL, not google playstore, but hopefully this helps him.

5. Squiry

IGN:
    Squiry
    Well, all installations and updates go through the play store, even if it appears ingame

6. Elric

Elric Member

IGN:
    EIric
    Also I like to add that it appears the app is growing in size each incoming update. The size identified in the app store (iphone at least) has nothing to do with the significant greater size of the operating application.
    Actually for iphone I noticed that less used app actually also decrease the size. Have no explanation what is going on there, just the observation.

7. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Member

IGN:
    CFJack
    Alright, so it seems the google playstore fix worked for my friend!

Thank you two so much for your help! :laugh:

8. Squiry

IGN:
    Squiry
    no problem, glad he/she got it fixed :)