Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Stat dependency

Discussion in 'Guides and Tips' started by IDFxCaRL, Sep 18, 2016.

1. IDFxCaRL

IDFxCaRL New Member

IGN:
    xSky1
    I am talking about how to improve the recovery(active) skill of the Recovery heroes(Hana, etc.). There are two ways could improve.

1)Base hp dependent - The skill says it recovers % of its hp to the team so it only counts what's the original hp.
    2)Base hp + gem(hp) - The counted % is the hp as a whole is calculated as recovery value.
    3)Recovery gem - I wonder if recovery gem also improves the healing skill

What's the real thing here? Please tell me.

2. MageLord

MageLord Member

I can tell you it recovers on entire hp not just base hp. As for recovery skill I am not sure I would have to test it

3. 神威iKamuiX

神威iKamuiX Member

IGN:
    神威iKamuiX
    Hp%
    Hp% gems would affect heals that is base on ur max hp.

Recovery% orbs affects how much u heal when the mons dropped the blue n red orbs and for those that have healing skill like hana or seiren, recovery orbs definitely helps.

But one thing that I'm not sure is that if recovery% helps heal more on skills that heals base on hp%

OnlyAkilah likes this.
  4. Bot587

Bot587 Member

IGN:
    Bot587
    Recover will not help %hp heals. If you notice when your characters get negative recovery status effects, it does not impact their 20% hp skill. This leads me to believe any positive recovery effect would not increase hp gained from a %hp recovery skill.

5. 神威iKamuiX

神威iKamuiX Member

IGN:
    神威iKamuiX
    That clear things up. Thanks for clarifying.

6. NinjaPenguin76

NinjaPenguin76 New Member

IGN:
    Uggh
    My question is, do healers like Hana and Cupid heal more with their active based on their own recovery stat? When I started the game that was my assumption so currently I have a vitality gem set on Hana, but if her active heal doesn't scale with recovery then I feel like I'd rather run a tenacity set with some defense and hp gems or something. Flat seems like the better option, at least until she's evolved and ascended enough to make use of %health and defense.

7. Whacko

Whacko Member

IGN:
    Whacko
    Im not sure with which element of hana or cupid but if it doesen't say something like "heal rate will be 20% of hp" or something at skill description. Then the heal will be dependant on recovery stat if not.

8. NinjaPenguin76

IGN:
    Uggh
    Well all versions of Hana are basically the same, cupid I'm not sure, but I have earth Hana. I used them as example because their description only says "summons healing wind to heal all allies" or something to that effect. I'm want to say I saw a noticeable difference in her healing after switching to vitality gems, but I'm not 100% sure. All I can say is that if it doesn't scale off of recovery, that would make recovery a pretty crappy stat. You're not gonna focus on recovery to keep your damage dealers and tanks alive since that defeats the purpose, and healing orbs aren't reliable anyway. Can't tell you how many times I've had banshee at 1 hp, like 30 red orbs in the air, and they all fly right over to the full health Leo. T.T

9. Whacko

Whacko Member

IGN:
    Whacko
    Your earth hana heal should scale with recovery as i know.

Yeah true i only use recovery on my hana and cupid i don't like depending on orbs for my attackers and defenders it sux when orbs go to the astromon who doesen't even need it :(

10. 神威iKamuiX

神威iKamuiX Member

IGN:
    神威iKamuiX
    Recovery % definitely increase ur heal if your mons are like hana, cupid or seiren.

It only doesn't work when mons heal base on hp%

11. 神威iKamuiX

神威iKamuiX Member

IGN:
    神威iKamuiX
    Orbs generation is pretty useful Imo, u just have to generate more orbs from the mons in order to guarantee the heal on the Mons u need.

Eg when facing boss.

I always lower the Hp of the left n right minions to about half to generate my blue orbs.

Then I lower them as much as possible not killing them just leaving them alive.

As u know from tutorial, red orbs generates after the mon dies. In other words, to generate more red orbs, u need to overkill them.

By overkill I mean, yes overkill. Just rape that one mon to generate the red orbs for heal. Which is why I always emphasize on mons that have good hit counts are good.

So far with my seiren 5* whom I built on resist base, with her 2 turn heal and the over kill method, I'm doing quite well at extreme maps. Currently on star sanctuary extreme.

12. NinjaPenguin76

IGN:
    Uggh
    Yep, and it's arguably worse with blue orbs on stages where you fight enemies you can kill, but they hurt alot (like if they're 5 levels over your team). Don't get me wrong, I know RNG is a thing the game uses alot, but I think that making RNG a major factor in whether I win or lose regardless of my strategy (excluding who enemies target) is dumb. You sacrifice offense/defense in exchange for reliable sustain from a healer, but then if you don't get orbs for 4 turns it's like you're just down a mon and then your team dies.

Thats be like the military leaving behind a tank or something to make room for a medic unit, but the unit has to flip a coin each time someone is hurt. Tails-medical supplies appear and the soldier's can fight on. Tails- they throw a rock at an enemy like "That's all a I got man. RNGs

I just think they should at least make red and blue orbs prioritize mons that aren't full, even if it's still random between them when more than one isn't full. It'd let you have some sort of strategy, since if you plan your attacks out you can maximize orb output, and it would make you get everything you earned out of your attack. I mean hell the bosses gauge fills just for being damaged. I do wonder though if recovery also perhaps makes the SP gauge fill faster.

13. NinjaPenguin76

IGN:
    Uggh
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I do the same thing. For the most part you can manipulate the orbs like that and it will work fine, it mainly becomes difficult when it's a level you can win, but you need to really get the most bang for your buck from every turn. On stages like that, I typically need to use my actives to clear mobs before they have a chance to attack, as them focusing a single mon can end badly. If I can rotate between:
    >actives to wipe
    >a normal turn
    >healer active, blue orb farm when threat is low

I can enter the boss room full on health and come out winning a stage that would've taken more time to train to beat. I know it's very specific, but in these cases I have been screwed by my healer getting none of the gratuitous number of blue orbs. Over time my team can't stay healthy off of just red orbs (especially cause my tank has low recovery) and my healer can't help much. Either that or they focus one mon and I'm boned lmao

It's good to know that recovery does effect her heal though. I still have alot of ascending and evolving to do so as my team scales and I get better gem sets it will probably be less of an issue

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  14. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Oddly enough, leader skills that boost stats only boost the base stat

i.e. if you have a leader skill of +20% max hp and you have a astromon with 10000 base hp + 10000 gem hp, the total hp of that astromon in a fight will be 22000

15. NinjaPenguin76

IGN:
    Uggh
    That's actually kind of a letdown. It's probably way more balanced but I was looking forward to getting some crazy stats through that lol

16. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Yeah I agree, it may be fore the best, but it still feel less fun :p

17. IDFxCaRL

IDFxCaRL New Member

IGN:
    xSky1
    I'm looking for this, thanks