Dismiss Notice
We're looking to create a dedicated community surrounding the game of Monster Super League, so why don't you consider joining us?

Team critiques

Discussion in 'Team Advice' started by Wolfking, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Wolfking

Wolfking New Member

IGN:
    Leraa
    So far im like using my water kraken (attack), wood horan(attack), wood cura(tank healer), and fire hana(recovery). Focus mostly on pve what do you guys think of this team?

2. JackOLantern

JackOLantern Member

IGN:
    CFJack
    For pve, do you mean story mode or dungeons?

Either way, just looking at that team, it feels way too squishy. I would start with replacing Fire Hana with a tanky character that can direct/lower damage taken by your squishier mons. I personally like to use light Horan for this. You can also consider using mons that have reliable stun/sleep or atk down to help with survivability in the harder areas.

I would also consider replacing water kraken for another damage dealer, preferably a tankier one. Water Kraken is very squishy, and her main role is providing sap damage to bosses anyways. However, since you run wood Horan who specializes in def down, you would benefit much more from a stronger damage dealer that can survive as well. Good examples of this are aggressors such as Dark Horan, Light Nike, or the currently-available Dark Seastar.

Lastly, I would advise making use of elemental advantage; try to make several teams that allow you to handle different elemental areas.

Wolfking likes this.
  3. Squiry

Squiry Administrator Lunaria leader

IGN:
    Squiry
    Personally I don't mind squishy teams at all, they got their own strengths. However, two healers is a bit much for an aggressive team.

So I would either go for a more tanky team overall, as Jack suggested, or (my personal favorite) amplify the aggressive team idea. For this, it would be a good idea to replace one healer with a stunner with decent/high attack.

A more tanky team is very strong in story modes, while an attack team is very strong in certain dungeons (the starstone and elemental dungeons). Golem dungeons are all different, which makes it hard to point out a single best tactic.

Either way, I agree with Jack that it's a good idea to get more astromons, so you can switch in and out when needed

Wolfking likes this.